Combine three superfoods, top them with roasted nuts and seeds, and you have a superpower salad. I love having this as a side salad or topped with grilled chicken for a satisfying meal.
YIELD: 2-3 servings
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- 1 small plantain, peeled
- 14 ounces kale
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey or brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- ¼ avocado, diced
- ¼ cup Roasted Nuts and Seeds (see recipe in The Live Fir Kitchen Cookbook)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the plantain in a small baking dish for 20 minutes, until golden, and cut into squares.
- Meanwhile, remove and discard the tough stems from the kale. Chop the leaves finely and put them in a large bowl.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper to taste in a high-speed blender for 1 minute.
- Pour the dressing over the kale and use your hands to massage the dressing gently into the kale to soften it, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the plantains and avocado to the kale and top with the roasted nuts and seeds.