One evening when I was enjoying my Green Soup, my son Elias said “OMG Mom, that soup is so alive it looks like it is breathing”! Well, he totally got it! That’s what I want to put into my body and you to put into yours too…food that is ALIVE and makes you feel alive and yes, food that tastes delicious too. Green Goddess soup can be made with any greens you have on hand-simple, super alkalizing and delicious and your digestive system will love you for it.
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES • PROCESS TIME: 40 minutes • YIELD: Eight 16oz cups of Soup
- Zucchini (You can use any greens on hand) 3 Lbs.
- Homemade Coconut Milk 6 cups
***If you are using canned coconut milk, use one oz can plus 5 cups of water
- Onion 1 large
- Garlic 1 head
- Thyme 2 tablespoons
- Scallion 2 stalks
- Celery 2 stalks
- Coconut Oil 2 Tbls
- Nutritional Yeast 2 tablespoons
- Scotch Bonnet Pepper 1 piece
- Salt & Pepper To taste
- Water Add as needed
- If you are going to use homemade Coconut Milk, then please refer to the recipe for Coconut Milk for soups in my Live Fit Kitchen Cookbook
- Sauté garlic, onion, thyme, scallion, celery in coconut oil for 5 minutes
- Bring your coconut water to a boil in an 8-quart pot and add in your sautéed herbs and zucchini or greens of your choice.
- Add nutritional yeast and salt and pepper to taste
- Remove from heat and cool
- Blend everything together in a high-speed blender
- Serve hot with Bammy Croutons or Curried Chick Peas (recipe in the Live Fit Kitchen Cookbook)